Diversity and inclusion
Sandfire believes that the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our employees positively contributes to our organisational culture and that striving for diversity will:
- broaden the pool of high quality employees;
- support employee retention;
- encourage greater innovation, enhanced work practices, productivity and profitability; and
- is socially and economically good practice.
The Diversity and Inclusion Policy drives our diversity initiatives which are integrated into our Sustainability Strategy. Our diversity initiatives are coordinated by the Diversity and Inclusion Working Group which reports to our Executive Committee.
Sandfire endeavours to foster a diverse workforce through our recruitment practices, employee programs and flexible work arrangements. We deliver on our diversity objectives by:
- Recruiting based on alignment to Sandfire’s values, merit, skills and qualifications;
- Developing appropriate leadership, talent management, training and mentoring programs to assist in achieving a broader and more diverse pool of employees; and
- Supporting our people to balance their career and commitments outside of work and to promote work flexibility consistent with business success.
We report our progress on diversity objectives and diversity metrics to stakeholders via our Annual and Sustainability Reports, Corporate Governance Statement and the Workplace Gender Equality Report.