People are our number one resource, which is why we are dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of safety, integrity and quality in all that we do. These values are fundamental to our work practices, dealings with individuals and cultures and in our approach to sustainability and the environment.
It is imperative that our people are fit for the work that they perform in a supportive, productive and harmonious workplace. In order to achieve this we:
- focus on the health and wellness of our people;
- attract and retain quality people who are appropriately skilled and fit to undertake assigned tasks;
- commit to equal opportunity and a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and bullying;
- ensure that all staff are treated with dignity, courtesy and respect and recognise the importance of valuing the many differences in background, cultures and demographic characteristics of employees, including their family responsibilities;
- train and develop our employees so that all staff at all sites are appropriately inducted, trained, developed and competent to carry out their work safely and to their full capacity;
- encourage career development, supporting ongoing training, personal development and further education; and
- regularly review policies, procedures and practices.
We take pride in teamwork and believe that each employee contributes directly to Sandfire’s growth and success. Our human resources management maintains these standards and makes decisions based on objective, skills-based criteria.
A suite of HR policies and programs guides our approach. These include the Sandfire Code of Conduct; Our People Policy; Diversity and Inclusion Policy; Aboriginal Employment Policy; Health, Safety and Wellbeing Policy; Equal Employment Opportunity, Anti-Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying Policy and our Employee Assistance Program.