LOU CHRISTIE GRANT PROGRAM
2020 Application Period Closed
In 2018 Louise Christie, one of our young exploration geologists, sadly passed away. Louise had a passion for geology, exploration and a love of mentoring others. To honour Louise’s memory, Sandfire together with the Christie family and the Australian Institute of Geoscientists have created the Lou Christie Grant Program.
The Program provides grants up to $6,600 to fund research, work experience, attendance at industry events or other career building activities related to the field of geology and exploration. The program is open to final year undergraduates, honours or postgraduate students currently enrolled in a geoscience course or who have graduated in the last 12 months.
To be eligible for the grant program, students must:
- Have a keen interest in geology and exploration
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of mineral exploration in Australia
- Be enrolled as a third year or postgraduate student in a geoscience course or have graduated within the last 12 months
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
The following attributes will be viewed favourably:
- Completion of volunteer work within the last 12 months
- From an Aboriginal background or reside in a remote area
In addition to completing the application form, all applicants must provide a CV and academic transcript.
The scholarship will be announced and awarded by the end of May each year. Applicants seeking funding for specific activities should ensure that the timing of these activities is appropriate to this schedule.