Sandfire aims to contribute to programs which positively contribute to the communities’ local to our mining and exploration activities across the world. We invest in community programs that are able to demonstrate how they will meet local needs whilst positively contributing to the community in an effective and sustainable manner.
Sandfire deems its local communities to be:
- Murchison Region and Perth, Western Australia
- Temora-Bland, Barmedman and Cobar, New South Wales
- Ghanzi District, D’kar, and Maun, Botswana
- White Sulphur Springs, Montana
Our focus areas
- Education - programs that support childhood, youth and adult education.
- Health and wellbeing - programs that support physical and mental health, and promote healthy lifestyles.
- Environmental stewardship - programs that protect or rehabilitate the environment.
- Industry - programs that promote STEM education and pathways into the mining industry.
- Community development – programs that support economic development, community cohesion, arts and culture.
Sandfire contributes to a wide range of community-based organisations including:
All applications must be submitted via Sandfire’s online Donations, Sponsorship and Partnership application form. Applicants should submit their request at least two months before funding is required.
A decision will be provided within 30 days of the receipt of the request.
If the request is for a partnership arrangement, Sandfire may require additional evidence to inform its decision. This may be sought through face to face meetings and by requesting feedback from community.