The health and wellbeing of our people, contractors and stakeholders is of paramount importance to us.
As the impact of COVID-19 continues to evolve, Sandfire has and will continue to proactively implement, protocols to minimise the potential transmission of COVID-19, ensuring the health and safety of our people and limiting the risk to our operations and communities.
Our protocols have been progressively developed in line with the formal guidance of State health authorities.
Key measures implemented by the Company include:
- Boosting workforce social distancing measures across aviation, transit and workplaces;
- Health screening introduced at airport for personnel travelling to site;
- Modified flight schedules and reduced number of personnel on each flight;
- Enhanced workforce communication;
- Enhanced promotion of Sandfire’s health and wellbeing programs, including mental health;
- Planning workforce retention programs;
- Extended sick and compassionate leave assistance to employees, including casuals;
- Consulting with and assisting our communities;
- Working with our contractors to provide assistance;
- Maintaining critical payments to employees and contractors; and
- Securing additional supplies of consumables and critical spares.
The DeGrussa Operations in Western Australia, including mining, processing and concentrate sales, continue to operate at full capacity.
The COVID-19 pandemic and its various management and operational challenges have tested Sandfire’s business, its people and culture, and it is pleasing to note that the Company’s performance has remained strong throughout this challenging period. Sandfire’s COVID-19 Working Group has dealt professionally with the direct and indirect risks, impacts and challenges that this unprecedented pandemic has brought.